Saturday, July 5, 2008

Can you cook popcorn with a mobile phone?

I have just seen this video posted on YouTube. Have a quick look, I thought that I was quite an intelligent person. However after watching this video clip of cooking popcorn with your mobile phone it amazed me, and whats more its has surprised me how stupid I really am. I went out and bought some popcorn kernels and tried it myself. Did it work? Can you really cook popcorn with your mobile phone?


Don't be silly!!!!!!

When cooking popcorn in a microwave oven, energy excites the water inside popcorn kernels until it turns into highly pressurised gas, causing the kernels to pop. If mobile phones emitted that much energy, the water in the fingers of people holding them would heat up and "It would burn like crazy," So, what's really causing the kernels to ricochet off the table in the YouTube clip? Tricky video editing or even a heating element beneath the table, NO those idiots have dismantled a microwave oven.

If you want to cook your brains aswell as popcorn for the sake of a YouTube video, then dismantle a microwave oven, expose the microwave tube, extend the 3000V wires so that the microwave tube can be placed under a table as shown in the clip. Then simply pretend that your mobile has cooked the popcorn. Make sure you record it and place your video on you tube so that people like me think that you can cook popcorn with a mobile phone. I look forward to your comments.

No comments: